GParted News Item 202
14 June 2016: GParted Live 0.26.1-1 Stable Release
The GParted team is pleased to announce a new stable release of GParted Live.
This release includes GParted 0.26.1, patches for libparted for FAT file system operations, and other improvements.
Items of note include:
- Based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2016/Jun/14)
- Linux kernel updated to 4.6.1-1
- Includes GParted 0.26.1 which:
- Ensure boot loaders work on ext4 < 16 TiB by using 32bit feature
- Fix core dump crash in OperationDelete::get_partition_new()
- Includes patched version of libparted which fixes:
- Includes official e2fsprogs 1.43 release (bug 766693)
NOTE: VirtualBox workarounds: To boot in BIOS mode choose GParted Live "KMS mode", and to fix window manager issues right-click desktop and choose "fluxbox menu -> Restart". See Bug 761343 - GParted LiveCD won't start on VirtualBox... except with EFI enabled.