GParted News Item 199
30 April 2016: GParted Live 0.26.0-1 Stable Release
The GParted team is pleased to announce a new stable release of GParted Live.
This release includes GParted 0.26.0, patches for libparted for FAT file system operations, and other improvements.
Items of note include:
- Based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2016/Apr/29)
- Linux kernel updated to 4.5.1-1
- Includes GParted 0.26.0 which:
- implements read-only LUKS support
- adds progress bars to NTFS, XFS, and EXT2/3/4 file system copy methods
- fixes operations sometimes fail with "No such file or directory"
- Includes patched version of libparted which fixes:
- Disabled hotkey ALT+F5 to avoid killing program accidentally (bug 703400)
- Added netsurf web browser ca certicates (bug 763976).
NOTE: VirtualBox workarounds: To boot in BIOS mode choose GParted Live "KMS mode", and to fix window manager issues right-click desktop and choose "fluxbox menu -> Restart". See Bug 761343 - GParted LiveCD won't start on VirtualBox... except with EFI enabled.