GParted News Item 215
12 October 2017: GParted Live 0.30.0-1 Stable Release
The GParted team is pleased to announce a new stable release of GParted Live.
This release includes GParted 0.30.0, patches for libparted for FAT file system operations, and other improvements.
Items of note include:
- Includes GParted 0.30.0 which adds the following enhancements:
- Interim fix for GParted fails to run as root under Wayland
- Fix reading Unicode labels when no FS specific tools available
- Safely quote and escape external programs arguments
- Based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2017/Oct/11)
- Linux kernel updated to 4.13.4-1
- Includes patched version of libparted which fixes:
Note that the X Desktop did not display on old Acer Aspire laptops. The workaround is to select Other modes of GParted Live and choose GParted Live (Safe graphics setting, vga-normal).